Thursday, April 23, 2009

Puan Aleya Recent Activities...

Salam...dah lama rasenye tak tulis entry baru...quite bz recently...rite now I'm preparing for my Master's Viva (Defence) that will be held on 6th May 2009....dupdapdupdap...After 2 years struggling for the best, now it's the time to present and defend my work...

I'm not pushing myself too hard..just relax and browsing thru my thesis leisurely...I've been focusing on this thesis for about two years...and I feel that now is not the time to crack my brain anymore for everything is in place...the objectives of my study; the design of machine; the optimization of enzymatic clarification (I've been dedicating my soul for this chapter for quite a long time...this is the thickest chapter in my thesis...it has contributed 3 journals for me so far...alhamdulillah); development of process flow sheet and finally the conclusions and recommendations for future research...alhamdulillah...I managed to synchronize all the chapters well to become a thesis...

Yesterday I have marked the exam papers of Process Plant Design course taught by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nordin...he asked me to help him mark the papers and I agreed without any hesitation...although I'm still in my study leave, I was more than happy to help him...I'd helped him last year to teach this subject...although I'm just a tutor, but I was honoured that he gave me a chance to join him advising the students about the projects that he gave them...this was my favourite subject during my undergraduate studies and i did my final year project on the design and development of food processing plant under his supervision...He is my idol...He is the best in his area...I'm honoured to work with the founder of my course, Process and Food Engineering...:-)...

I think he will get the Professor title very soon...tau la UPM kan...byk requirements yg harus dipenuhi...I'm very happy to hear that Dr. Chin Nyuk Ling skrg ni dah jadi Ir. Dr. Chin Nyuk Ling...soon akan tambah title Associate Professor kat dpn tu...antara lecturer perempuan yg berjaya di usia semuda 33 tahun I guess...She is my role model too...:-)...She is my super senior...grad hujung 1990-an rasenye...siapa kate food engineer tak bole dpt Ir...Ir. Dr. Chin has proved it!!!..(^_^)v...

Ok back to the story...Marking exam papers is not an easy task...it's very challenging...every student answered the questions differently...the dedicated students answered them correctly while the not-so-dedicated student, ya ampunnn....mcm2 jawapan...like they never studied this subject since the very beginning of this course...hmm....yg buat careless mistakes pun ada...padahal bole dapat full marks...yg confuse dgn the methods of calculations pun ada...but I'm very proud of the students who scored full marks in that papers...Process Plant Design is quite a challenging topic...it requires u to think and analyse the situation given before you proceed with the calculation...byk method yg bole digunakan...that's why byk student yg confuse...but I believe that in everything that we do, if we are crystal clear about our objective and mission, we'll not get lost in our journey...:-)...

OK....petang ni nak gi office jap anta balik semua kertas kat Dr. Nordin...and start to do the presentation slides...hehe...weekend ni nak lawat my sister-in-law kat Perlis...so need to plan and organize my schedule...i plan to check a thesis draft of one final year student this weekend jugak...so harus mendisiplinkan diri supaya dpt siapkan semua kerja...bagus jugak kat kolej ni tak dpt buka ym skrg...kurangla sikit distractions..hehe...

OK...Till then...Wassalam....

6 comments:

zila ziman said...

camno lah time kita menjawab exam dulu kan..azab jugakla org yg marking dulu2 tu..nk habis dh ko ek..gud luck for the viva..senang je tue..cakap pasal bnda yg kita buat should be piece a cake..lainla klu copy paste tu yg tergagap2 nk buat ayat..wahh..gahnye aku bercakap..cam dh dpt 2 phd je..

Anonymous said...

salam,

well..no wonder u r where u r now..process plant design senang eh?
haha..

as I categorized myself the one that you called as "not-so-dedicated " kesiannye lecturer2 yang kene marked my papers dulu..

credit to lecturers around the world!

regards,
cipz

Puan ALeya said...

Kak Cipah: hehe...process plant design bukanla senang...kena faham ok la...hehe...yup2...credit to all dedicated lecturers around the world...

ZLa - Alhamdulillah dah nak abis dah master's study ni...i hope senang la nak story kat examiners nanti...hehe...erk...kalau nak buat 2 phd, brape tahun baru abis tu...hehe...

zuhairbaik said...

aku pn x berapa score process plant design dulu. heheh.. sama la dgn aku yg kene menanda fluid mechanics ni.. pening kepala dgn jawapan budak2 ni.. kdg2 kecewa gak sbb dh bg penerangan sebiji2 dlm kelas, still ade yg tak leh jwb dlm exam.. diorg yg tak okus ke aku yg tak reti mengajar? hehe.. Wallahualam

Anonymous said...

salam..

i'm answering the questionnaires that distributed during last dinner..

heh, mase u jd student, u probably bleh ckp lecturer ajr xbetul kot? tp ble u r d lecturer, u kne ckp, d other way round?

i dunno..

hahaha....

xoxo,
cipz

Puan ALeya said...

Sebenarnye student kadang2 mmg pk mcm tu kalau dia tak faham ape yg diajar and apa yg dia belajar...

Lecturer pun kdg2 ade gak yg tak reti deliver..hehe...

Sebenarnye student kene betul2 faham konsep sesuatu topik tu...banyak buat latihan utk asah kemahiran and bila tak faham, sila la bertanye pada yg tahu...jgn diam aje...hehe...

Lecturer pulak kene cuba letakkn diri sendiri kat tmpt student...rasenye kalau diri sendiri diajar cara diri sendiri mengajar, adakah akan faham ape yg disampaikn...so kena cari the best way to deliver your knowledge to your students...

Tapi sbnrnye masalah faham tak faham ni, mmg dari dulu wujud...so, pandai2 la lihat diri sendiri and perbetulkn diri...:-)...

My 2 cents,

-'Aliaa-